Bongo Packing and setting off

organization of the van




Packing for M2M
                  from experience you always end up forgetting something regretting not taking something and wondering why you bothered taking other stuff ,we all do it no matter how experienced you are on trips away , Sheila has been looking at some sea kayaking tours in cork which I would love to do also, And it started me thinking maybe I should get the roof bars back on and take my sea kayak ? its a long journey with a sea kayak strapped to the roof for possibly only a couple of hours in the water ,so this was only a fleeting thought but it shows how you end up taking far too much stuff .

                  The packing took nearly 2days ! most of that was servicing the cycles and checking I had plenty inner tubes and cycle tools, I took everything out the van and repacked it using a list so hopefully I will have forgotten nothing ! .I printed off the list  of stuff to take and printed it off to tick as it was put in the van




Things to pack for van cycle beach and hill trip




  1. Head torch ( unsure if to bother with bike lights ! maybe just a back light for rain or foggy days )
  2. Maps  ,compass,garmin watch with its charger,  (garmin inreach device possibly but it’s not on a subscription so pointless unless I activate the subscription )
  3. Towel + my towel change robe 
  4. Prescription Glasses normal spoggles and shades
  5. Hats - woolly and thin ,cycle helmet ,skip cap
  6. First aid kit with sun cream sachets , gaviscon , lip salve and compede
  7. Midges net , Buff
  8. Swimming wet suit
  9. Utility knife. bike tools and spare tubes etc. duct tape
  10. Ear plugs & a pair of binoculars
  11. T shirts – two cycling shirts the cycling Gillet ,10 technical T`s
  12. Fleece/jumper/hoody
  13. Body warmer /Gillet
  14. Down jacket the big one and small 
  15. Waterproof jacket gore tex one and lightweight cycling one possibly take cycling poncho
  16. Gloves cycling ones thin and thick
  17. Underpants 12 pair
  18. cycling shorts x 2/3 and running/swimming shorts  
  19. Trousers walking and casual possibly safari shorts and maybe Ron hills
  20. Waterproof trousers
  21. Socks
  22. Walking boots crocs/flip flops , trainers casual shoes ,cycling shoes  
  23. Extra cycling/running backpack with camelback
  24. Walking poles
  25. Toilet bag
  26. Sleeping bags or lighter duvet!
  27. Sleeping mats for roof
  28. Torch lights with batteries ,candles ,
  29. Pocket rocket with gas a cup and pot with coffee sachets
  30. Trek bars, nuts, drinks, food, spices herbs ,whisky with glasses , some lemons , porridge ,almond milk ,


Pens, notebooks, computer , go pro , mobile phone ,various chargers ,   games /cards , reading & guide books ,walkie talkies ? . bike locks ?


                     other stuff I've considered -I’ve looked at origans and dr bonners liquid castile soap which is environmentally friendly and you can dilute it for doing dishes washing clothes and washing you , but I thought it was a bit expensive for what you get and may look at alternative liquid soaps , rubbish bags , toilet roll and kitchen roll , bungee cords to hold things in place while travelling , my fold up wee stool for sitting on to cook or kneeling , thermos flasks for soup hot water etc. , baby wipes , I’m going to buy another behind the door organiser like the one that hangs behind the driver’s seat ! This one will be for spices oils cooking stuff, the good camping chairs, bubble wrap for glass bottles? , a chamois cloth and stuff for the condensation from the windows, water bottles, mugs, I also should put up my magnetic pegs for holding up the silver window sheet! , possibly a water filter but probably quicker and easier to use the 17p 2ltr bottles from Tesco


Ok that’s as much for the packing list I can think of!


                Other stuff to remember .for the bike some oils and maintenance stuff possibly a spare spoke ,  we’ve got the paintwork and van cleaned up , I now need to organise the car tools into a box , check tire pressure oil and water and a copy of the van insurance in the glove box  , put on the bike rack give the cycle’s some TLC especially on my cleats and peddles ,give the van a wash and  give the glass work of the van a good clean so the visions good .ferry tickets into the glove box and pack passports , get a new gas bottle ,
          My mate Colin sourced me a bunch of ready made meals and sachets of jam and coffee survival packs and brought them round to me in time for the adventure they were close to the use buy date ! well some of the stuff in the packs was the rest was fine and it was a gift gratefully received cheers Colin ,so these were packed in with the food which meant I was eating some stuff I wouldn't normally . like vegetarian hot breakfast and hallal chicken and lentil curry 

      Ive tried the cycle carrier on the van as ive just stoke with my old one and loaded the bikes over night ready to go , i shall just need to take it easy ion the beers at this house warming BBQ we are going to ,

Comments

  1. It's invigorating to peruse a decent quality article for a change. You've influenced numerous fascinating focuses and I to concur. This has influenced me to think and for that I much obliged.
    spoggles | safety spoggles |enduro mtb glasses

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

how did i enjoy the cycling

farranfore to eagle point

campervan and cycle plan